Railroad Prototype Modelers Meet
White Elephant Table Rules of Engagement
Note: The White Elephant Tables have been a great addition to the meet. We see the tables needed
and the amount of equipment to be sold, growing each year and we are excited about that. We think
the white elephant tables’ popularity is in line with the growth of the meet. So, for newcomers and
veterans alike, and, while these rules have been in place since the beginning, we thought it
prudent to explain them here.
1. The intent of the White Elephant Tables is to provide attendees a place to sell quality model
railroad related equipment while at the meet. This is not an opportunity to clean your basement or
your railroad room. Therefore, all items for sale must first be approved by the White Elephant
Table Committee prior to setup and display of your equipment.
2. The registration/approval process is as follows:
3. The White Elephant Tables do not accept credit cards. Cash and Checks (with proper ID) only.
Owners of equipment may cash out in part or in total at any time. (Example: If you sold some
equipment and need some money for lunch, we will forward you monies collected).
4. The White Elephant Table Committee does not deduct a percentage of the sales for the “house.”
We see these tables as a benefit to those who attend. Expect the full sale price for
all your items sold.
5. Check the posted hours carefully as they are limited. Final checkout must take place prior to
the final closing time. If you are late, your unsold items will be boxed or bagged and your monies
collected for the items sold will be at the registration desk.
6. During off-hours, the White Elephant Tables Committee will either cover tables, move tables
into a secure area or lock that area so that items will be protected. However, the New
England/Northeast Railroad Prototype Modelers Meet and associates are not
responsible for lost or stolen items.